1672 Seventh Sea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Timeline Updates

4 posters

Go down

Timeline Updates Empty Eisen

Post by Dr Adventure Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:51 pm

My take on Eisen:

Assuming the PCs won the battle against Posen at Freiburg and that our buddy took a dive off the tower like he was supposed to...

...that Posen is still kicking Brandt around...

...that the Wiesche story resolves with Herr Wiesche coming out of his coma...

...that Fichler has maintained his deal with the devil, and that his sister has lost contact with him

...That Sieger is still rebuilding and preparing for his vengeance against Montaigne and Castille

...That Hanzl has jumped from the balcony and Pieter has been stopped

...That Heilgrund found a way to destroy the big snake in the swamp and stopped the wasting

Where should we go from there?

Dr Adventure
Dr Adventure
Henchman
Henchman

Back to top Go down

Timeline Updates Empty Re: Timeline Updates

Post by The Dread Pirate Ted Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:46 pm

A reunified eisen is in all honesty kind of boring, hence setting pieces in place for an imperator ploy hook but allowing it to remain a mess if wanted. As far as filling in the edges of the map, i agree it neds to be done. What we have right now with the nation books is a vast undetailed mess, heilgrund is a swamp with a living rune in it, and that's about all we have. Breaking each barrony/region/dondom(?) into more specific areas with more specific problems is something i think we should look at, because toppling a heirophant or crowing an imperator is epic, but there's no good reason why the story of a backwater montaigne town being plagued by bandits can't be as equally compelling.

As far as montaigne is concerned, pull from french history. The fremch revolution where kings were beheaded was only the first of three. Turn montegue into napoleon. We have a fantastic source book to pull from, 7th sea is one of the few universes out there where tropes and cliche are encouraged. Have fun with it.
The Dread Pirate Ted
The Dread Pirate Ted
Henchman
Henchman

Back to top Go down

Timeline Updates Empty Don't forget that important bit!

Post by Dr Adventure Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:46 am

We are creating the background for the game update. That means that we are creating excuses for the new problems to exist. That's about all that's going to fit into the book if you think about how much convincing we are going to have to do+ redressing the previous content. If Eisen is getting its shit together, why are conspirators impeding it (plot hook idea), and if Montaigne is finally under new ruler-ship- why is it having civil unrest (plot hook numero dos!) etc. The end of any update should have the concept of why there is enough conflict to attract the players to the region.

Each and every place should have the basic synopsis of: Great summers, good wine, friendly folk, TN 30 to hire a brute that will gut its own mother, and a monster that eats the firstborn of every family...except one.

Every country should sound intriguing and wondrous and filled with poison and people trying to kill you

Each NPC should look attractive and willing to skin a baby if poked the wrong way!

Also a great narrative tool that can expand the world for everyone is to shrink the controlled world down and expand the unknown darkness between places. What if Montaigne is only the south and up to the mountains, leaving a vast unknown land ravaged by war and forgotten? What if Eisen, though reunified, has huge tracts of land that are un-policed and un-owned by land barons? That gives GMs exotic places and locals to send their groups.

I want go get off of my ship and visit abandoned castles, dirty marshes with the promis of loot, and ancient places filled with traps and monsters!

Well, that's what I want in my swashbuckling adventures anyway!
Dr Adventure
Dr Adventure
Henchman
Henchman

Back to top Go down

Post by Herald Z Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:24 am

Living rune Heinrick beloved hubby to posen
Guy's grand dad the (clearly: dashing, handsom, and a little too well spoken for his own good) horse groomer are missing I think
a bit tounge in cheek here but what do people want to see is the idea.

Also why not have eisen unified or on the way to it by now as far as the state of the country.

Herald Z
Brute
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dread Pirate Ted Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:11 am

Thoughts on eisen. Rough outline fill in and revise as needed later.
Weische out of the comma and attempting to rebuild.
Heilgrund steffan is still a ponce. Militarily recovering from freiberg. Wasting disease getting worse, possible zombies.

Hansel, more or less status quo. He's still nuts, opa nacht is still a mysterious miner force, and dracheneisen is still being stolen.

Posen, same problems as four years ago. To many mercs to feed and pay, roaming merc bands across the country side. And because its fun, resurgance of dracchen in the mountains. Gainer draling with age and prospect of having to marry to continue the line.

Freiberg. The tower fell, Nick's dead Logan's in charge, but kind o f terrible at it. Large portions of the city are still in ruins from the damage the tower caused. Internal squabbles over how to run the city.

Dimitte. Dracheneisen mine found in the land between monyaign and eisen. Gunther Zwiebrooken
Gathering imperators arms inorder to both reunify eisen and have a legitimate claim to the mine in his mountains.

Fischler, again more or less status quo, still heirless still unmarried still with a shadow based drinking buddy.

Seiger. The land is still a mess, either have Eric stuck in vodacce dooing mondavi's bidding or have him engaged in a civil war with metzgar. Regardless, Seiger's still a terrible place to live. Nibullungen, yet to take sides between the two.

Again, updating from a phone i will properly edit and revise when I have access to a keyboard.
The Dread Pirate Ted
The Dread Pirate Ted
Henchman
Henchman

Back to top Go down

Timeline Updates Empty Dr. Adventure

Post by Dr Adventure Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:55 pm

My group has a ton of ideas to be tastefully edited into the cannon as needed!
Dr Adventure
Dr Adventure
Henchman
Henchman

Back to top Go down

Timeline Updates Empty Timeline Updates

Post by Lady Louisa Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:56 am

Hat's Games has had a ton of timeline updated campaigns, and some of them may be compatible with a story advancement for a new book. Please post such suggestions here.
Lady Louisa
Lady Louisa
Hero
Hero

https://eternalchandelier.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down